21 Şubat 2011 Pazartesi

Do marriage discriminate based on gender?

When I was commenting on one of my friends comment, another idea came to my mind. What marriage means for a woman? Does it have positive or negative effect?
My point is not the reflect the picture of working husband and the wife who cooks who cleans and so on. My point is as a legal right, what marrige requires, what changes with marriage?
For instance, when we get married, as woman, we took our husbands last name. And also, we transfer our husbands family. Which means, the place we come from is no longer our hometown and the family we come from is no longer our family. My question is why we transfer another family, if marriage means establishing a new family on our own? And why we can't have the value to maintain our names (i am not talking about using two last names, i am talking about the whole family (kütük) ). Why man are the body of trees and woman are the branches?

I am not against love, againts man or marriage. But in my opinion some people are trying to create a sense of woman and marriage helps this weak picture of woman.

Another example, if a married couple is both working for government, wıves goes to place where their husbands assigned except for woman judges (only).

There are lots of examples like those. I am asking both man and woman friends, what do you feel about this?

1 yorum: